Author Topic: Admin Announcement: New HOP Coordinators  (Read 13108 times)

Offline Bryan_Admin

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
    • 49ers Paradise
Admin Announcement: New HOP Coordinators
« on: December 13, 2006, 01:54:25 PM »
49ers Fans, it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you, the new team of Hot Off The Press coordinators.  After a several month search, I have been able to assemble a team of 49ers fans who are ready to assist with the updates of the HOP.  This has been necessitated by my changing schedule, and the growing demands of the site.  As many of you already know, Nate (twinspapa) has been a great help in his new role with the site.   The addition of this team, will make it possible for me to spend more of my time generating original content and making improvements (back end, and front end) to the site.  All of these fans are long time 49ers Paradise participants, and I have great confidence that this will assist in bringing the latest 49ers news to you fans.

Derrick (D-roc) is a long time contributor to the site.  He is a Paradise Press writer, and also contributes to the around the NFL news blog.  A member of the site for 4-5 years, D, as he is affectionately known is excited to be taking on this new responsibility.  A U.S. Veteran, and ex-cop, D is also working on his bachelor degree while taking care of his son Dre.

Sage (fearyaks) is also a long time participant at 49ers Paradise.  He has been a 49ers fan since 1984, and spends lots of time overseas.  As a dedicated fan he’s had his grandfather ship him games when he’s abroad (someone want to give him a slingbox?).  His most memorable games that he attended were TO’s big day vs Chicago and Jerry’s Five TD day vs Atlanta.  Sage is married with two kids and living in Los Angeles.

Jason (jasonj) has been in touch with me for quite some time, and joined 49ers Paradise in the past year.  A long time 49ers fan, and a true techy, Jason’s computer knowledge will surely be an asset to the backend of the site at some point down the road.  Jason lives in San Diego now, but goes to the bar every weekend to watch the 49ers play on ever smaller screens in more and more remote corners of the drinking establishment.  He hopes that, when the 49ers return to glory, he can rejoin the rest of the bar patrons at the main seating areas.  Instead of a big long story about him, he has decided to simply give you the skinny on why he is a fan. 49ers fan: Ever since I saw the 49ers beat the Dolphins for trophy #2.  Favorite play: Opening day one year against the Bengals, 2 seconds left, Montana back to throw, goes deep to Rice, TOUCHDOWN 49ers!!!  Years later, I saw an NFL films production of the play in which you can hear Sam Wyche (Bengals coach) saying, damnit they’re doing it to us again.  Favorite 49ers moment: When I was a kid, Ronnie Lott and Charles Haley came to my school and gave a inspiring speech about commitment.  They signed a football which then went up for prize in a contest to name the school paper, I won and still have the football. Goofiest Fan Behavior:  I used to have a 49ers beanie, the logo of which, while the game is on, must face the TV screen at all times so the 49ers can get my fan energy.  They started losing after I started wearing the beanie, it is in a landfill somewhere now.

I have great confidence that the addition of these staff members will help 49ers Paradise provide the coverage it has become famous for.  Of course, I am always interested in adding new, dedicated staff.  If you are interested in helping 49ers Paradise in some capacity, please let me know.

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing" - Lombardi

Offline twinspapa

• Administrator
  • Super Bowl MVP
  • Even a stopped clock tells the right time 2x a day
    • HyperSolutions
Re: Admin Announcement: New HOP Coordinators
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 04:02:46 AM »
I'm grateful to have these guys join the team too. D needs an additional outlet for his "energy". ;)

Welcome aboard!

D-roc

Re: Admin Announcement: New HOP Coordinators
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 09:40:46 AM »
I'm grateful to have these guys join the team too. D needs an additional outlet for his "energy". ;)

Welcome aboard!

I am just not crazy about the fact that I have to work along side you but for Bryan's sake I will try my best to make it work! ;) :)

Thanks for the love this sight and the ppl are what make it all worth it! :)